I'm about to resurrect an old post series I used to do when I was but a nipper at this blogging game, and I haven't done a little post in an embarrassing amount of time. So, here we go with something you probably haven't seen before, a Beauty 5 post. Today's topic is my 5 best new product discoveries, the A+ good-job sticker students who make my daily routine a little easier and prettier, and whose end of term reports are bringing in top of the class grades (stop. with. the. metaphor.)
1. Alpha-H Liquid Gold.Um. I have basically used this 6 times and am committed to the movement. This stuff is like genius in a bottle. Now - if you didn't get it by now, I have what is known as smugly-generally-good-skin. It is a terrible affliction whereby I don't often get spots, my skin tone is mostly even and generally there's nothing wrong with it. I'm firmly in the camp of 'can't complain', because I can't, even with my eczema flare-ups. The point is, that when I try a new skincare product I very rarely see a huge difference in my skin. Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair does sweet FA for me - and believe me, I wanted to rave. However, THIS. STUFF. I have been skipping foundation and going for tinted moisturiser. My skin has been bright and glowy and exuding loveliness. BUY THIS.
2. NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base.Oh, you. Where have you been all my life?! As a staunch opponent of the Urban Decay Primer Potion movement because I hate the way it feels greasy (and people keep telling me I'm using it wrong and that's why I hate it - NO. I actually just hate it), I have been waiting for a little excuse to purchase this baby. And then I finally did, and there was much rejoicing. It locks down my eyeshadow all day, stops it creasing and fading and doesn't feel oily on my eyelids. Marvellous.
3. Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Nymph.This is that kind of healthy vitamin advert girl blush, the type which features just the prettiest, healthiest, glowiest looking girl ever with sweetly flushed cheeks and that kind of serene getting-my-vitamin-c smile. I'd never tried a matte Illamasqua blush before this one - the first Illamasqua blush I ever owned was Morale which was, funnily enough, one of their first ever shimmer blushes. Nymph is this gorgeous fresh warm-toned candy pink and you only need the tiniest bit. It's so beautiful for Spring and goes all day and then some.
4. YSL Glossy Stain (Vernis à Levres) in 5, Rouge Vintage.Be still, my beating heart. Even though this applies a bit patchily on me (and I am only now getting the knack), I just adore the sweet muted raspberry red of Rouge Vintage (left). It's a beautiful glossy shine which wears brilliantly and looks beautiful throughout the day. It might be a little bright for some, but this is firmly my 'daytime' red.
5. Louise Young LY24B Eyeliner Brush.*This is just the tiniest eyeliner brush I have ever seen. No other eyeliner brush compares to those made by Louise Young, and this is the latest brush, following on from both the bigger sisters of the LY24 (my first love!) and the LY24A (the one I cheated on my first love with). It's teeny tiny and works so so amazingly for detail and precision, and the quality is, as always, superb. I think I might even like this more than the LY24A, I just can't help it, I'm a fickle lady.
* PR sample.