Sometimes I feel like a product was just meant to be mine, even when it's as gulpably (yep, gulpably!), heart-stoppingly expensive as the one I'm about to show you. Unfortunately for me though, it was not only heart-stoppingly expensive, but also heart-stoppingly beautiful. I mentally rationalised that there were 4 colours and that'd I'd possibly never, ever need another blush ever again! My life would be complete! If there were ever a more compelling case for me actually turning into Gollum cooing over the beauty of the precious, then er... I'd tell you that you were lying to me and that you were wrong - because this simply IS the most compelling case. So I paid for it and scuttled away and got it out on the bus home to admire it, plus the other couple of new shinies I'd acquired in the same trip. Seeing as I never post blog hauls - here's one for today.
1. Guerlain G Blush Serie Noire: I think I love it more than chips and pancakes (probably not Kiwi, but that's a debatable point). It is so beautiful on the cheeks, so smooth to blend, so pigmented and absolutely drool-worthy and delectable. I may never spend over £40 on one purchase ever again without some serious thought - but this one... I don't regret it at all. If Kiwi weren't sharing the bed with me already then this would be sleeping on the right-hand pillow.
I asked it to marry me but it didn't reply :(
2. Sleek Pout Polish in Scandal: It was winking at me from the aisles of Superdrug where I wasn't supposed to be shopping for myself at all. It's a gorgeous bright red which looks much more warm in the pot than on the lips. In reality, it comes up much more cherry-sweet on me. My love for the Pout Polish continues - this one is just perfect.
Awful picture, but beautiful Pout Polish!
3. Sleek Molten Metals: This piqued my curiosity because it was shiny and reminded me of the Illamasqua Liquid Metals I have. In reality, this is creamier, more pigmented and lasts longer before it creases, but I do find it fades quite quickly and requires a little top-up.
4. Stila Eyeshadow in Nanda Devi: Unearthed a little Stila bargain in T.K. Maxx and this was one of the mystery goodies. It's a matte cool brown eyeshadow which is almost purplish. It's definitely a winner.
5. Stila Kajal Eyeliner in Topaz: I think I thought this was going to be similar to my beloved I Get No Kick Kohl liner from MAC - but er... It's an orangey peach colour which I envision will make me look like I am poorly in the eyes. I haven't tried it on the eyes yet because I think I'm too pale for it - I think it's more of a colour for an NC/NW30+ from MAC. It's super-creamy, though - it's just such a shame it's... orange.
6. Stila High Shine Lip Colour in 08 Sonia: WINNER! I couldn't find a swatch of this before I bought it but it turned out to be a sheer berry lipstick and it looks very lovely on. It does have a waxy/playdoh smell to it though, which I don't mind, but in my head I was expecting Stila lipsticks to be scent-free.
ALSO, IMATS: Is anybody going to be at IMATS tomorrow? I'm going to be there behind the FACE atelier booth helping them with their payments. Yep, I'm in your IMATS, takin' your payments. If you spot me, do come up and say hello - I might be red-faced and flapping about like a loon, but I'm still friendly!
ALSO, ECZEMA: I just wanted to thank all of you who took the time to post comments regarding my eczema plea! I'm still reading through (and reading up on) your suggestions and am looking forward to responding to all of you - I can't believe how many of you have problems with eczema! Thank you so much everybody.
And I think that's it! Over and out, and much love.