I feel like I've not had time to breathe recently - Kiwi's not had to go in to work due to it being half-term, so he's off enjoying a nice holiday like the rest of his kiddies... This leads to constant 'what are you going to feed me today?' whines and big, sad bottom lips when I tell him it's something low-fat with no actual food content.
I miss my old hair - can haz haircut? Internets, tell me the answer!
I've not actually been able to walk properly most of this week. I decided to do the operation: lose the blubber again, and as a result have been hula-hooping and Shredding with the Supreme Evil Overlord Jillian Michaels. I try to exercise in the morning so she gets the brunt of my rage and my soul feels cleansed... Anyway, I overdid it
a lot somewhat and could only walk at a snail's pace - and a robotic snail at that, which prompted Kiwi to keep hustling me to 'HURRY UUUUUP!' I never want to get old - because overdoing it on a workout made me feel like I was trapped in a lead suit, and I imagine that's how the older and wiser feel!
So, anyway - enough of the pointless rambling. Here's a little Sunday afternoon Ins and Outs for you, to show you what I've been enjoying, what I haven't, and er... what I'm on the fence about!
- Hula-hooping: This is genuinely my most favourite form of exercise apart from dance, mainly because it involves dance, and singing and jiggling around like an absolute prat to all of my favourite tunes. Yesterday I did the Time Warp whilst maintaining perfect
airspeed velocity rotation speed - and the best thing was that Kiwi didn't even raise an eyebrow and retained complete composure at the sight of me shaking my booty-thang in my delightful sportswear.
- Statement lips: MAC's Toxic Tale, Lustering and Violetta, NARS Red Lizard, vampy shades and anything else which nears the day-glo paradox is my thing right now. It's low-key showing off one's plumage without too much commitment.
- Ebony/chocolate hair: I fell out of the phase of dying my hair black with a violet undertone and went for something a little more grown-up: I dyed it a beautiful deep-brown (the deepest, darkest one before you hit black) and it looks beautifully shiny, glossy and in keeping with the season.
- Inglot: I LOVE YOU, INGLOT! Your buttery shadows seduce me and your blushes and your lipsticks and and and... This is a not-so covert attempt to get them to GET THEIR SHOP ONLINE DAMNIT.
ON THE FENCE:
- Bourjois Bio-Detox Foundation: I'm still not sure. I think it's the colour being too yellow-toned - some days I can pull it off, and some days it makes me look like an extra from The Simpsons, which is NOT cool. It wears well and has a matte finish, but a peculiar smell. Hmm... This is a head-scratcher of an enigma.
- MAC: Again, MAC are on my naughty step, because of the absolute atrocities committed with their newest collection. I felt like I needed eye bleach the first time I saw the packaging, and the products look absolutely terrible. Thank you so much for releasing a crap collection, MAC, because now I actually save some money for something useful... like that eye bleach.
- Long hair: I had a comment on my YouTube channel on a very old video way back when I had awesome short hair. I miss it; long hair makes me feel more 'classic' and I can wear less makeup, but short hair makes me feel spunky and more interesting. I'm so bored of trying to grow my hair - can I cut it all off yet?
And Happy Halloween! I don't 'do' Halloween - but I did do a video tutorial of the neatened-up and straightened-out deer look I posted last week!