So, before I have to think too much, let me recap my week, which was mostly spent wandering wide-eyed around the Big Apple. The subject of fruit is an interesting one: I was paying for a coffee in Macy's when a slender-waisted employee presented the cashier with her 'lunch'.
'What's than, an apple?' the cashier asked.
'No, it's called a nectarine - it's a type of plum,' the girl responded.
I'll admit, I turned around and stared.
Not the point of this post, I'll also admit, but sometimes anecdotes are good for the tired brain. I had my conference from 10am - 10pm on 3 days, which left me in academic fatigue and reeling with a case of youthful stupidity; everyone was just so much cleverer than me. However, I ploughed through and did a little shopping and fell in love with Essie polishes (but interestingly, not the city itself). Enough about me? Good, I'm too tired for much more talking.
- Victoria's Secret: This shop can't come to the UK fast enough; the bras are lovely and I bought 2 of the same style (in the same colour) as it was so comfortable on my saucy lady lumps that I had to. The choice is great, the saucy underroos are galore, the prices were pretty good in the US (which probably won't be a mainstay in the UK), but overall, very happy.
- Viva Glam Cyndi Lipglass: Things that don't require much effort but pull my makeup look together in seconds are very popular with me, and this is one of them. It's lovely and opaque enough with a beautiful colour to wake my face up - although definitely not a good lip choice when there's a breeze - the hair-in-lipgloss scenario is such a terrifying menace.
- MAC Pro-Longwear Foundation: I wrote a review of this (in my Moleskine notepad, because I am infinitely pretentious), during a conference lunch break, and will be telling you all about it in a review (probably tomorrow). Needless to say, it's amazing and I've worn it basically every single day. It stays on until I take it off. AMAZING.
- Being home: Hate to say it, but I'm not cut out for the US; I missed my Kiwi and I missed England with all its infinite quirks.
- Summer: Bring on the deep red lipsticks and the plum ones too, oh and the crackling of bonfires and sparklers and spicy cinnamon scents. Summer is done with and I'm glad about that. Just think: no more wasps!
- NARS Sheer Glow: I bought it, I loved it, I finished it and then I did not repurchase it. I found there is more that the world of foundation has to offer me which blends much better, stays much longer and is just much better for my skin type. Still love you, Sheer Glow, but sayonara for the foreseeable future.
- Airplane travel: 7 hours of sitting in the same seat, next to the same awful member of the human race, breathing the same recycled air, eating food 1 molecule away from being plastic and not being able to drink enough water because the person next to you is so asleep they're drooling onto their free pillow so you don't feel you are stealthy enough to step over them to use the stinky airplane bathroom? Oh my skin - I'm so sorry. I'll make it up to you.