Oh my god.
Anyway, I haven't done one of these posts in a long while, so here are my favourite 5 links of the week. This week, we're talking about favourite beauty blogs.
- Pretty Little Posey: Not the first time she's been on my favourites list, but you've got to go check her blog out. She's a very lovely, friendly girl who puts a lot of effort into her blog with creative and intelligently-written posts, which aren't just about makeup. Her writing style has this light-hearted loveliness about it, which I love and which keeps me reading. Girl is clever, too - she's going to medical school next September, so she needs more followers to keep her from getting too engrossed in her work :)
- Beauty Mouth: This blog is fabulous for featuring a lot of high-end brands and unearthing beauty secrets I've never heard of but am now desperate to get, such as Lotion P-50 by Biologique Recherche. She also features fascinating interviews from makeup artists, beauty tips such as facial massage and the secret products that makeup counter sales assistants buy with their allocations. It's like a Pandora's Box in there.
- Laura's Bloggy Blog: I follow this girl on Twitter, and she's such a lovely lady, very friendly and sweet. And she's also pregnant, which gives her a unique view-point, which in turn makes her blog very interesting to read. Laura combines makeup reviews and beauty-related posts with posts about real life, her baby she's a-growin' and everything else in between. I love her personal and personable style.
- MizzWorthy: I love Jen's blog because I completely trust her opinion; she has a lot of loyal followers for a reason, and that's because she provides excellent, informative posts and truly honest opinions. I love her occasional sneak peeks on upcoming collections and the way her honest and personality shine through her posts. Definitely a must-read for all your review needs.
- Just like Hollywood: Simone's just finding her feet in the whole blogosphere and already she's doing a pretty great job - she does really great and thorough reviews, and her blog is just beginning to gather impetus. I love the character reflected in her posts, and she too is another lady I talk to a lot on Twitter.
This week's Friday playlist isn't inspired by anything particular, but as the sun begins to come out more and more, these are the songs I've been listening to:
- She & Him - Lingering Still: Just chilled-out sunny day music which is laid-back and featuring the rather dulcet tones of Zooey Deschanel. This is uplifting and makes my heart happy.
- The Bees - A Minha Menina: This is a cover of an older song by Os Mutantes, but its friendly, jerky rhythm reminds me of sitting in the trailer of a pick-up truck enjoying the breeze on a sunny day... Even though I've never done that anyway.
- Nouvelle Vague - Dancing with Myself: Jaunty, happy rhythms which make me want to dance in step in the middle of the street. Love it for a sunny day.
- Beck - Qué Onda Guero: Even though I've never been to one, this reminds me irresistibly of a street carnival somewhere in South America with a little bit of a Beck twist - because he can't help himself.
- Coeur de Pirate - Pour un Infidèle: I know it's in French, but give this sugary-sweetly voiced number about a guy cheating on a girl a chance. It's laid-back loveliness.
Happy Friday, everyone, and much love.